Paradise Valley Community College Art Faculty David Bradley and PVCC Black Mountain Site Coordinator Loretta Mondragon have successfully completed the yearlong Academy for Leadership Training and Development program.
This program was developed by the Chair Academy, a division of Maricopa Community College District to advance organizational leadership and provide succession in planning for leaders in post-secondary institutions.
The Academy includes an initial week of onsite training; a practicum experience involving implementation of an individualized professional development plan focusing on he application of skills learned during training; a mentor and coaching program; and a final week of onsite training consisting of additional leadership issues.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Complex Role of the Organizational Leader
- Work Behavioral Styles
- Building Effective Work Teams
- Strategic Planning and Scenario Thinking
- Managing Conflict Productively
- Facilitating, Integrating and Celebrating Strengths
- Dimension of Leadership, Leading and Managing Change
- Leader as Manager
- Valuing Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Hiring and Orienting for Success
- Coaching, Developing and Talent Management
- Leading Part-time Staff
Participants in the program are selected and nominated by their individual colleges to attend.