New students are encouraged to sign up for a New Student Orientation at PVCC to help them navigate the college experience. Sign up for one of PVCC’s New Student Orientations held in the Southeast Corner of the Buxton Library. Walk-ins are welcome!
A $228 scholarship (covers one 3-credit class at the in-state tuition rate) will be awarded at each orientation to be utilized toward Spring 2013 tuition as a future enrollment incentive!
New students have many questions that can be answered during the orientation. The most common questions are:
- How does college differ from high school?
- What if I haven’t been in school for a long time?
- What will classes be like?
- Do I have the skills necessary for college?
- What is there to do for fun on campus?
- What if I don’t have a major declared?
- Where do I go for help if needed?
- Can I work on campus?
- How do I meet people?
- How will I pay for my education?
- What can I do to insure that I will be successful at PVCC and beyond?
Students may enroll in future New Student Orientations at www.my.maricopa.edu, during their Academic Advising session, or at Admissions and Records in the Kranitz Student Center, KSC-111. Check out the new students web page for more information. See the schedule below for orientation dates and times.