Learn about employment opportunities working with children in local schools during a hiring event sponsored by Paradise Valley Community College and Paradise Valley Unified School District 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, at the east end of Kranitz Student Center in front of the Career Services Office (KSC-1302).
PVUSD’s Mascot Club program is accepting applications from PVCC students interested in working in a before school and/or after school setting with elementary school students. These job opportunities are to work in Mascot Clubs at 20 elementary schools within school district. Job hours vary depending on school location; 6:30 to 9 a.m. and 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Starting pay is $9.61 an hour. Afternoon only shifts are also available. This position offers paid training and work opportunities during the school year and summer with no evenings or weekends required.
Career Services is sponsoring with the Paradise Valley Unified School District Community Education’s Mascot Club Program. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, in the Krantiz Student Center in front of the Career Services office at the east end of the cafeteria, next to Student Life.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with students, employees and community.
- Make sure that site and activities are prepared prior to children’s arrival.
- Supervise the children at all times.
- Administer first aid when necessary.
- Treat every child with respect.
- Maintain acceptable behavior standards and make sure that behavior is consistent with district and program policy.
- Keep manager informed of student activities.
- Share and participate in clean up activities.
- Annually complete a minimum of 18 verifiable hours of approved training per Department of Health Services regulations.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
If you are interested or have any questions, contact the Paradise Valley Unified School District Childcare Office at 602-449-2211 or visit www.pvschools.net and click on Employment/HR, Classified, Community Education.