Paradise Valley Community College is comprised of talented and innovative faculty, staff and students. We encourage them to set goals, pursue their dreams and celebrate their accomplishments. Learn more about the diverse individuals and groups that are PVCC .
PVCC is a Learning Centered College that ensures:
- Learning outcomes that create substantive change in learners are identified and made explicit. These outcomes drive course, program, and curriculum development as well as delivery of student, academic, and administrative support services.
- Learning outcomes are assessed for the purpose of demonstrating that learning occurred and to expand and improve learning.
- Learning opportunities are accessible to learners and offered in a variety of formats and options.
- A culture of student success exists: student success outcomes emphasize active and engaged learning, connecting to the college environment, goal setting, successful navigation of college processes, and relationship building with faculty, staff, students and peers. These outcomes are made explicit to students.
Our Systems Support Learning By:
- College’s systems (human resources, policies, procedures, structures, technologies, strategic planning, budgeting and institutional effectiveness processes) and environments designed and evaluated in terms of their support of learning.
- Employee and Organizational Learning programs and the college’s employees demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning.
- Research about learning and learners routinely considered and systemically incorporated into the college’s learning processes, programs and services.
Founded in 1985, Paradise Valley Community College, one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges, has an annual enrollment of more than 14,195 students with an additional 6,000 students enrolled in non-credit and continuing education programs. The college offers transferable academic courses as well as job-specific occupational training. The Union Hills campus is located just west of SR101 at 18401 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032. PVCC at Black Mountain, a new education site serving the far north Valley, opened in August 2009. For more information, visit www.paradisevalley.edu or www.maricopa.edu.